I chose a song that I currently like which is Void by The Neighbourhood. Its about feeling empty and needing something else rather than your old habits to fill the 'void".
I think that the concept and narrative behind your images is strong, but the seem very grainy and like the focus is a little off. I think focusing on the lighting would help clear up some of the more technical issues.
I really love your compositions, and I think the overall dark look works well with most of your photos, however it could be lightened up a bit for more of a range.
Kelly: I love the idea behind these images: you have a strong visual narrative in your sequence here. What is working for me is your variation in approach to shooting technique in order to get a "mood" for the image. I agree that the images might achieve more impact with better lighting scenarios, but the mostly dark tones go well with the overall tone of your concept. Try using levels and curves to achieve a little more contrast, and think about where your light is in relation to your subject. How is the light falling on your subject, and what message is that sending? Overall, good job experimenting and putting in effort!
The tonal range was a bit grey so perhaps while editing you can add a bit more highlights. The narrative is clear and well illustrated.
ReplyDeleteI think your images tell a really great story, but maybe try to find different lighting so you have a more contrasted image that has more tonal range.
ReplyDeleteI think that the concept and narrative behind your images is strong, but the seem very grainy and like the focus is a little off. I think focusing on the lighting would help clear up some of the more technical issues.
ReplyDeleteI really love your compositions, and I think the overall dark look works well with most of your photos, however it could be lightened up a bit for more of a range.
ReplyDeleteKelly:
ReplyDeleteI love the idea behind these images: you have a strong visual narrative in your sequence here. What is working for me is your variation in approach to shooting technique in order to get a "mood" for the image. I agree that the images might achieve more impact with better lighting scenarios, but the mostly dark tones go well with the overall tone of your concept. Try using levels and curves to achieve a little more contrast, and think about where your light is in relation to your subject. How is the light falling on your subject, and what message is that sending?
Overall, good job experimenting and putting in effort!